Online Appointments Available!
*online sessions by appointment only
Have you ever wondered, “What’s wrong with me?” Or have you ever thought, “Why can’t I just be happy?” Many people have struggled with these questions, and many also blame themselves for not knowing the answers. Two things can help: first, we must discover our own worth, and second, that the seeds of happiness are buried deep within us and can be found (with a little help!)
I will work with you towards greater fulfillment, to increase health and a foster a happier life. At the root of many problems with thinking, feeling and functioning lie circumstances over which we may feel we have little control. Therapy provides you with the tools to help empower and foster clarity to find direction in life, purpose and hope.
Who I Can Help
- Adults from diverse backgrounds
- Young adults and teens 15+
- Those going through transitions
- Spanish speaking individuals
Where I Can Help
- Trauma from emotional and/or physical abuse
- Anxiety and Stress
- Life stage transitions
- Relationship Problems
How Therapy Can Help You
- Guide clients to perceive their lives in a new way, to be empowered through positive re-framing
- Assist individuals and families to increase healthy communication
- Create a safe, non-judgmental space for clients to partner in the healing process
- Explore together the purpose and meaning of one’s life story and embrace it
- Offer tools for coping with stress and anxiety
- Teach methods for the practice of meditation
- Share the dynamics of positive decision-making, based on values
- Empower with knowledge of the dynamics of power and control in situations of abuse, thus fostering safety and well-being
How Creative Therapy Can Help You
Art therapy is an added, meta-verbal intervention that can be used to assist you in finding insight about yourself and your relationships, as well as to find relaxation and enjoyment through the creative process, which is inherently healing.
I am a therapist with specialties in spirituality and creative expression as part of the healing process. My approach is rooted in respect for the mystery of each human person and the uniqueness of each one’s life journey. My role is to nurture hope and insight in each client I have the privilege to work with. When I am not with clients, I take time to enjoy snow skiing, hiking and cooking great food with my husband for family and guests.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (Indiana)
- M.A. Art Therapy, IUPUI and Herron School of Art & Design, 2017
- M.A. in Religion in Society, Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, CA 1998
- Spiritual Direction and Retreat Training, Jesuit School of Theology, Berkeley, CA and Los Altos Retreat Center, Los Altos, CA 2007-2010
- B.A. in International Relations, Stanford University, 1993