I firmly believe you have the ability to change and grow positively no matter what your present circumstances may be or what your past may have included. Often, by making only a few small changes in your ways of thinking and behaving your quality of life can greatly improve in a short time period.
My Areas of Specialty and Passion
Addiction--Underlying issues related to use /Effects on the Family
Coping skills Depression
Communication Skills Self Esteem
Relational Skills Anger
Finding Purpose Grief
I work to challenge and motivate you. By making often only minor, consistent changes you can regain balance of mind, body, and soul while working towards achieving peace, tranquility, and serenity.
How Therapy Can Help You
- Make minor changes and grow positively
- Become aware of issues that hamper growth and reduce positive interactions with others
- Learn needed coping skills to address current issues
- Find the lessons from past experiences in order to not repeat same mistakes in the future
- Create and maintain a healthy support system
I believe that by working to improve self, maintaining a positive outlook, being aware of what you think and feel, and by making healthy choices going forward that support your well-being your life can be filled with happiness and contentment. The relationships you chose to be a part of will be healthier.
Who I Assist
Adults (age 18 and over)---Individuals and Couples
My Counseling Experience
I have over 12 years of experience helping others in addiction/mental health settings. I have facilitated a wide range of groups that includes IOP, Relapse Prevention, Anger Management, Woman’s, LGBT, and co-facilitated Domestic Abuse support groups. I also have been providing individual and couples counseling. I use the counseling approaches of Cognitive Behavioral, Rational Emotive, Person Centered, Solution Focused Brief, and Motivational Interviewing therapies.
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, Minor in Psychology, University of Indianapolis
- Master of Science in Community Counseling & Addiction, Indiana Wesleyan University
- Indiana Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) #39002164A
- Indiana Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC) #86000079A
My purpose is to inspire and help others to find their uniqueness and purpose while continuing to explore and refine my own. When I’m not seeing clients I enjoy reading, walking outside in nature, yoga, and time spent with family and friends.